• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone talk me out of my craziness... (EDIT: change in plans)

I want a root/storm cellar!! Before I go and buy a short bus and bury it in the back yard, is there an economical way to build a waterproof cellar? I need it for food storage and tornadoes. Have I completely lost my mind?
Not gonna talk you out of it broman. Do what you feel you need to do for yourself and your family. Better safe and prepared than to listen to a naysayer on the internet.

That's what I was thinking. I keep hearing that shipping containers are in very short supply lately. There used to be a place in Macon out past Geico that sold them and turned them into very pricey hunting cabins.
I'm seeing prices 40% higher than last year when we bought one South of the base.

I'm seeing prices 40% higher than last year when we bought one South of the base.
Back in 2010 I had to move 3 of the shorter 20' models from over there near Geico across I16 and back into Bonaire. I was using a raggedy ass 8ps vimtage F350 rollback. It was a white knuckle ride the whole way.

I deal with rail containers all week long, not sure I'd feel good about spending any time underground in one...

Back
Top Bottom