• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Somebody give me cheap shed roof ideas.

How about saving money by building a rustic looking shed or carport using natural logs --
either the trunks of small trees or 2 inch to 3 inch diameter limbs from larger trees?

As for the roof, you could go cheap & cover it with a tarp
(all one piece, nailed or stapled from from the inside/ underside just under the inside edges of the roof),
but then to keep the tarp from making the building look so ugly,
you could lightly cover the tarp with some leafy material, pine straw etc. as camouflage
D43F250A-D0C0-467B-8ECA-CF6D071BF992.jpeg
73D94C14-6172-4595-9164-17806907D069.jpeg

How about saving money by building a rustic looking shed or carport using natural logs --
either the trunks of small trees or 2 inch to 3 inch diameter limbs from larger trees?

As for the roof, you could go cheap & cover it with a tarp
(all one piece, nailed or stapled from from the inside/ underside just under the inside edges of the roof),
but then to keep the tarp from making the building look so ugly,
you could lightly cover the tarp with some leafy material, pine straw etc. as camouflageView attachment 3009534 View attachment 3009535 .
Nope. I ain't THAT cheap. Plus since it's adjacent to the back of the cabin, I'd like it to have some level of eventual aesthetics. Though I have thought about using several of the trunks from several of the cedar trees I need to cut down anyway, as posts since I'm thinking they'd be as good or better than PT.

You did give me an idea with those pics though. I'm going to use the cane growing by the river to put a sun cover over the permanent shooting benches I'll eventually have at fixed yardages. (items 417 on never ending list of projects....)

On craigslist at the moment but may not work due to size/aesthetics....

View attachment 3009573
Unfortunately they are likely scams as the exact same pictures are shown in multiple cities. The reality is they won't work due to their dimensions but I'd consider changing the location (and dimension requirements) for the one that is 'supposedly' in Gainesville. I'll shoot them a note.... Thx.

Back
Top Bottom