• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Somebody give me cheap shed roof ideas.

My friend did his newly-built shed roof first with rolled roofing,
but it leaked around the nail holes,
and
rain water rolled around the edges and came back to touch the wooden structure under the roofing material. He tore it off and then spent a couple hundred dollars buying real felt underlay and 3-tab shingles with a 20 year warranty.

But, even THAT leaked, too, within months and he attributes that to the very low pitch of the roof from the center down to the lowest and it was about a 10 foot span
and the drop was only about 6 inches.

Finally he covered the three tab shingles with several pieces of galvanized corrugated roofing metal he did not use nails to attach these because of his fear that water would leak around the nail holes instead he clamped them down around the perimeter of the shed building, and used a few cement blocks near the center to stabilize it this has successfully kept the water out of the building although it looks like hail and the cement blocks in the middle of the roof prevents pine needles and leaves from blowing off naturally. So it tends to collect organic material up there that periodically has to be scraped off or blown off by him climbing a ladder with a backpack blower!

BOTTOM LINE--- Give your roof a very substantial pitch.
The steeper the better -- I think 30° would be the minimum I would want.
Not sure what he used but much (most?) of the roll on roofing uses self adhesive and does NOT use nails. It is designed for LOW pitch roofing.

Here ya go.

Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom