• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some users need to grow a backbone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 out of 4 of my latest deals were with newbies, 2 of them signed up that day.

Take the good with the bad, all comms on PM, and no deal till firm price, time , and place set. Until then they are just window shopping. And, do not forget, they can show and still turn down the deal without repercussions.

3 out of 4 of my latest deals were with newbies, 2 of them signed up that day.

Take the good with the bad, all comms on PM, and no deal till firm price, time , and place set. Until then they are just window shopping. And, do not forget, they can show and still turn down the deal without repercussions.

Have responded to a "new guy" the same as anyone else, considering we ALL had to start someplace…. but lately, it seems the newer guys don’t regard what might be understood or unspoken expectations on the forum (or even societal common courtesy)…. if you express interest or intent to buy something, just let the seller know you’ve changed your mind…. I'm ok with that…. but don’t just "ghost" a fella or just not show for a FTF after saying you’ll be there…. I don’t think anyone appreciates that…. I'm pretty sure the "other guy" would not be happy if I agreed to sell or meet and then didn’t show or respond…. he'd be calling me an a**hole for sure.

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just recently from a "newbie"….

Newbie: will you take $xxx? ($50 less than asking price)
Me: ok, I guess so.
Newbie: when can you meet?
Me: in the next hour or tomorrow morning if that works better for you. (It’s 7 pm at this point)
Newbie:………crickets………

Eight or ten days go by and he asks if it’s still for sale and when I say something about him "ghosting" me…. he says he doesn’t have time to deal with someone that has sensitive feelings….

WTH?!?

I don’t think I will respond to anyone that has not been on forum at least a year and has a positive track record. Lately, I have gotten a number of PMs from people that have been on this forum for one to three months and they all seem to do the same thing…. start a PM thread, ask two or three questions, then not respond after that…. SMH

He knows what he can do with HIS "sensitive feelings".

Have responded to a "new guy" the same as anyone else, considering we ALL had to start someplace…. but lately, it seems the newer guys don’t regard what might be understood or unspoken expectations on the forum (or even societal common courtesy)…. if you express interest or intent to buy something, just let the seller know you’ve changed your mind…. I'm ok with that…. but don’t just "ghost" a fella or just not show for a FTF after saying you’ll be there…. I don’t think anyone appreciates that…. I'm pretty sure the "other guy" would not be happy if I agreed to sell or meet and then didn’t show or respond…. he'd be calling me an a**hole for sure.

One thing, on a new guy, he is driving to me, period. I am out nothing for a no-show.

And it sounds like the OP needs a B-Back-Book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom