• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Some people are beyond helping

Glad you moved on. Don't forget the experience, but don't keep you from following your (now) more experienced inner voice.

There are still people who know how to properly accept, and need, a hand up. Tread with caution, like in all life. Lots of folks taking advantage of good people.

Saw a woman in her 20's outside a gas station begging. Asked her if she would accept me buying her a meal inside instead of cash. We went inside. She thanked me outside. Dove right in.

Was I conned for a free meal? I doubt it from what I saw. But my conscience is clear. And I am guarded in such actions most times to a fault.

Point being, you can protect you and yours, yet be true to yourself as well. Just be right with yourself at the end of the day.

Yeah and let us not forget that dope is powerful. And not all dope is created equal. If it's pills or heroin they're just trying to not be dope sick. If it's meth they've basically turned themselves into human reptiles that can't make ANY kinda plan beyond right now. Their brain chemistry is completely screwed from the toxic **** in the speed. Crack is pretty much the same story only quicker and worse as far as lying and stealing. I say decriminalize all of it and let the gene pool get cleaned out.
There’s stuff out there now that makes Meth look sane.

You were in the right. I've been there done that. When people don't want to change or help themselves you just have to cut them loose. Especially if they're causing problems in your life now too.

Be glad they don't realize they don't have to leave just because you tell them to. Squatter's Rights in this State are insane.

This.

If they have legally taken up residence in your home and receive mail at that address, you may have to formally evict them.

Always, always, always have a rental agreement in place when you allow someone to stay with you.

Some good info here:

https://nationalevictions.com/overview-of-georgia-law-on-kicking-someone-out/

According to the link, requiring them to do chores/housekeeping could make them a tenant and not a guest.

The black sheep in my family (no, not me) taught me something at a younger age than most get to learn it.. Some people, no matter how hard you try, simply can NOT be helped. It is a fact. As frustrating as he was for everyone that tried to help him, I am at least thankful to him for that lesson.
You did what you were commanded to do, regardless of the outcome THEY chose.
Your thread title is correct.

5 weeks and two bi polar women can't get a plan together? You did what you could. Did the Other woman's hubby have any plans to get them out of their situation or was he enjoying living off your generosity?
I actually helped him get a better job with a fellow ODT man in commercial construction. He is still working there. Now his girlfriend, no, she occasionally does Door Dash.

5 weeks ago we invited a young co(28 and 29) to move in with us for a few months to help them get on their feet. They both have horrible backgrounds, but we hoped that we could offer them a stable environment and good advise. We have had many issues with them especially the woman. I am certain she is bi-polar because my wife who is bi-polar agreed with me. After many nights of discussions and praying, we had to to tell them they were no longer welcomed to our home as of tonight. I hate we had to choose this course of action, but they were bringing too much strife into our lives. I feel bad for them, and feel a little guilty right now. I fear that they will be on a downward spiral now, but there is only so much we can take. Your thoughts?
5 weeks ago we invited a young couple (28 and 29) to move in with us for a few months to help them get on their feet. They both have horrible backgrounds, but we hoped that we could offer them a stable environment and good advise. We have had many issues with them especially the woman. I am certain she is bi-polar because my wife who is bi-polar agreed with me. After many nights of discussions and praying, we had to to tell them they were no longer welcomed to our home as of tonight. I hate we had to choose this course of action, but they were bringing too much strife into our lives. I feel bad for them, and feel a little guilty right now. I fear that they will be on a downward spiral now, but there is only so much we can take. Your thoughts?
Its been my experience that you can't help people that don't help themselves.
If they don't appreciate you enough to know that you opened up your home to help them, without causing you alot of grief, then they should go fend for themselves.
I've been there and done that and its always a different day, but the same story.
You definitely don't need to beat yourself up over it.

payneed said:
The saying is...
"If you build a man a fire he will be warm until the fire goes out.
If you set a man on fire he will be warm for the remainder of his life".
I like that one okay if I use it? Assuming I can remember it.
Another verified ole saying is:
"Expect the best from people but prepare for the worst."
Then another from Gary Cooper in 'The Westerner'
"I once had a pet rattlesnake I was fond of but I'd never turn my back on it".

This.

If they have legally taken up residence in your home and receive mail at that address, you may have to formally evict them.

Always, always, always have a rental agreement in place when you allow someone to stay with you.

Some good info here:

https://nationalevictions.com/overview-of-georgia-law-on-kicking-someone-out/

According to the link, requiring them to do chores/housekeeping could make them a tenant and not a guest.

You don’t need that. All you need is a gun and a back hoe and live in the country like me.

Back
Top Bottom