• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

[Solved] Question for Mac/OS experts (about managing app accessible to other users)

Buck119

Default rank <4500 posts
Beretta Aficionado
220   0
Reaction score
... more experts than me.

On a new iMac, with multiple users. I am trying to prevent my son to use/see some of the apps.

On my old 2011 iMac and with the old OS it was very easy. In parental control there is a window with all the apps and it is sufficient to uncheck the ones that I do not want to be accessible by my son when he logs in with his credential.

On the new OS, parental control has been replaced by Screen Time. You can set the amount of time for each app (it cannot be zero) but I do not see any way to make them just "disappear".

I am sure there must be an easy way for the administrator to do that, but yesterday I spent more the an hour searching online and I found nothing.

Any idea?

I’m assuming your son has his own Apple ID so this should take care of it. If you want to share access to certain apps you do that through the family share option. Hope this helps

I’m assuming your son has his own Apple ID so this should take care of it.
He has one but I don't think it has anything to do with what I am looking for.

If you want to share access to certain apps you do that through the family share option. Hope this helps
One iMac with multiple users. When you create a new user profile, that user has access to all apps that are installed on the computer. There is no need to share them, they are already accessible to all users even if they log in by using their profiles. What I am looking for is the exact opposite, which is how to prevent one user (my son) to access some of the apps that are already installed.

Thank you though :).

Back
Top Bottom