• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar power

Batteries are ultimately at this time not a lifetime purchase but you can buy 10yr warranty lithium batteries. Look at ohhmu, battle born, Dakota lithium for example. You do have to be cognizant of cycles and discharge / storage levels / etc.

I think his battery pack and computer, ect., is about 5-6’ tall , 3’ wide.
You would not need batt to last whole house 2-3 days because the sun comes out every 12 at least....longer at times , blah blah.
But i am not a scientist about these things, hame no dog in the fight, just sayin what is happening across da screet dude . :cool-new::cool-new:

I think his battery pack and computer, ect., is about 5-6’ tall , 3’ wide.
You would not need batt to last whole house 2-3 days because the sun comes out every 12 at least....longer at times , blah blah.
:cool-new::cool-new:

It is common to go 3 days without enough sunshine to charge your batteries .

In most circumstances a generator is a much better choice than solar power. If you have access to fuel, the generator provides reliable power at a fraction of the cost and takes up a foot print many times smaller. Many people who live in a suburban area just don't have room for a solar array farm.
The BIG exception is a long-lived grid-down event. No grid means no fuel. Solar system is king for such an event, and nothing else comes close.

The usb lights came in. I dig them. You can hang them on your lampshade cross wire and plug into your power brick. Looks almost like your regular bulb in your lamp. Use the switch to turn off and on.

Attachments

• 29C54F1A-2B51-4E36-8952-E3FB047F91EB.png
    29C54F1A-2B51-4E36-8952-E3FB047F91EB.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 8
Bought the Rockpals 250W inverter, Amazon had a heck of a deal on it. $169 Delivered. I couldn't resist. Now I need solar panels. ( The unit can charge via car, wall AC , or Solar) I am half way home on few lamps and Wi-Fi for my upstairs in my home when the power goes out. ) Should be great for camping / Fishing as well.

Bought the Rockpals 250W inverter, Amazon had a heck of a deal on it. $169 Delivered. I couldn't resist. Now I need solar panels. ( The unit can charge via car, wall AC , or Solar) I am half way home on few lamps and Wi-Fi for my upstairs in my home when the power goes out. ) Should be great for camping / Fishing as well.

That does sound like a deal, those are usually closer to $200!

On the panels, you just have to make they have the right connector or order an appropriate adapter. The bigger the better, but check what Rockpals says is the max charge input; going bigger doesn't get you much.

Back
Top Bottom