• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar power

Bought two of these LED bubs. They run off usb connection to power. ( plug into rechargeable power brick)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QX096L0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61M5wg0qRIL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

My neighbor across the street just put up panels and full solar system in his place.... $20k
They finance it if need....runs everything all the time, his meter runs backwards now and he gets a credit/check each month.
If power goes ‘out’ , his stuff still runs day and night (battery bank) and he never notices power outage unless he looks at neighboring houses, etc.
He has had for 2-3 months now....everything runs great .
I want to do it so bad but we arent planning on staying here forever. So i will wait until we get our last home we gonna buy.
If you research and find all the info.....its really a pretty good deal considering you will sell power back to power company for life !! Lol.

(i did not read this whole thread, so if my info is repeat... :cool-new:)

Too bad the batteries need to be replaced on an ongoing basis ever few years, depending on the type, at great expense especially for a system this size.

Is that the normal case ? I haven’t had any experience with it except for what he has had installed.

The batteries are often the most expensive item in a system. You can imagine the battery capacity you would need to run a house for 2 or 3 days while it is rainy and overcast and they're not being recharged. Look at your lead-acid car battery - 3 or 4 year lifetime is common. The higher tech batteries last longer, but are much more expensive and still have limited lifetimes.

Back
Top Bottom