• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar power

Sadly, the money you save on such a small amount of power will probably never cover the cost of the solar panels but it is a first step in understanding power consumption!! Studies have shown that it costs roughly a dollar per year to charge a typical cell phone. So, if you paid less than $20 for the charger/solar panels and the kit/panels last for more than 20 years, you "might" break even on your initial investment! If you paid more than that, say $40 to $50... oh, well!

These little portable solar systems aren't about saving money. It's about having power when the grids out, or there is no grid where you're going. Mine is for camping, but doubles as emergency power. Worked great when I had no power for almost 3 days. No generator noise, no running a vehicle burning up your fuel. And you can use them where you can't use a generator.

solar system.gif
:)

My neighbor across the street just put up panels and full solar system in his place.... $20k
They finance it if need....runs everything all the time, his meter runs backwards now and he gets a credit/check each month.
If power goes ‘out’ , his stuff still runs day and night (battery bank) and he never notices power outage unless he looks at neighboring houses, etc.
He has had for 2-3 months now....everything runs great .
I want to do it so bad but we arent planning on staying here forever. So i will wait until we get our last home we gonna buy.
If you research and find all the info.....its really a pretty good deal considering you will sell power back to power company for life !! Lol.

(i did not read this whole thread, so if my info is repeat... :cool-new:)

Sadly, the money you save on such a small amount of power will probably never cover the cost of the solar panels but it is a first step in understanding power consumption!! Studies have shown that it costs roughly a dollar per year to charge a typical cell phone. So, if you paid less than $20 for the charger/solar panels and the kit/panels last for more than 20 years, you "might" break even on your initial investment! If you paid more than that, say $40 to $50... oh, well!

Cost analysis ,I get it , but I bought it for livability, comfort and travel/camping. Power goes out , I charge up my phone and tablet. Easy .

My neighbor across the street just put up panels and full solar system in his place.... $20k
They finance it if need....runs everything all the time, his meter runs backwards now and he gets a credit/check each month.
If power goes ‘out’ , his stuff still runs day and night (battery bank) and he never notices power outage unless he looks at neighboring houses, etc.
He has had for 2-3 months now....everything runs great .
I want to do it so bad but we arent planning on staying here forever. So i will wait until we get our last home we gonna buy.
If you research and find all the info.....its really a pretty good deal considering you will sell power back to power company for life !! Lol.
A lot of companies will not buy it back. If they do it’s pennies. $20,000 is big money. For a little more than $3,000 added to mine I probably could go complete but pay off for me is not worth putting that much out. If I had it I DANG sure would.

These little portable solar systems aren't about saving money. It's about having power when the grids out, or there is no grid where you're going. Mine is for camping, but doubles as emergency power. Worked great when I had no power for almost 3 days. No generator noise, no running a vehicle burning up your fuel. And you can use them where you can't use a generator.

remind me, do you have a 500 Watt Model?

A lot of companies will not buy it back. If they do it’s pennies. $20,000 is big money. For a little more than $3,000 added to mine I probably could go complete but pay off for me is not worth putting that much out. If I had it I DANG sure would.
He said the last couple of months its been like $20-25 . But damn, not paying a $100-250 power bill ea month to run a 4-5000. Sf house is great !
Like i said, when we get moved to retirement...i am gonna do it.
(He did have an expense of removing 1 tree and trimming another. Not sure cost of that)

He said the last couple of months its been like $20-25 . But damn, not paying a $100-250 power bill ea month to run a 4-5000. Sf house is great !
Like i said, when we get moved to retirement...i am gonna do it.
(He did have an expense of removing 1 tree and trimming another. Not sure cost of that)
We are talking seriously about adding on to ours. I need a gas stove and I could run the rest one thing at a time for a few hours a day. Inconvenient as all get out. So we want to go full solar with gas stove and solar hot water.

Back
Top Bottom