• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar power

Yeah batteries are a must.
I’ll be collecting lithium iron phosphate batteries.
Good charge controller and inverter.
Been doing lots of homework…it ain’t cheap.

Be sure the inverters are comparable with the batteries
For a little while water batteries were making a splash...lol... but they faded away, I have lithium also, and enphase inverters, I forget the exact # on the inverters but this is important, when I up graded the system on my house, to an off grid possibility the existing inverters were already obsolete, and I had them on the roof for about 10 years, so be aware of inverter sitting around someone’s wherehouse for a span of time, they may not work with the batteries, or just give u a major headache...actually u may be buying someone’s headache so be aware of the ever changing industry...good luck, and keep your powder dry!

For a little while water batteries were making a splash...lol... but they faded away, I have lithium also, and enphase inverters, I forget the exact # on the inverters but this is important, when I up graded the system on my house, to an off grid possibility the existing inverters were already obsolete, and I had them on the roof for about 10 years, so be aware of inverter sitting around someone’s wherehouse for a span of time, they may not work with the batteries, or just give u a major headache...actually u may be buying someone’s headache so be aware of the ever changing industry...good luck, and keep your powder dry!
Upgrading the inverters cost about $ 5.000!

It looks like lithium prices are going through the roof.

I imagine Li-ion and LiFePO4 batteries will soon see much higher prices.

Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-58-39.png

I build my own batteries from lithium iron phosphate cells ordered from Battery Hookup. You have to do a little work but can save 70% by doing it yourself. I have 25 amp and 100 amp 12 volt batteries built in Harbor Freight plastic ammo cans. I have about $60 in the 25 amp batteries and about $140 in the 100 amp batteries.

I build my own batteries from lithium iron phosphate cells ordered from Battery Hookup. You have to do a little work but can save 70% by doing it yourself. I have 25 amp and 100 amp 12 volt batteries built in Harbor Freight plastic ammo cans. I have about $60 in the 25 amp batteries and about $140 in the 100 amp batteries.
Wow..that’s pretty good!

Back
Top Bottom