• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar power

I wish I had room for a solar panel farm.
Any idea what their power rating is in watts?
Yeah he sent me these pics, they’re poly crystalline panels 280W.

Attachments

• AF8CCAA2-F3EB-4B97-9DE8-DB1A9B97E459.jpeg
    AF8CCAA2-F3EB-4B97-9DE8-DB1A9B97E459.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 23
  • E991D581-5820-40A6-9322-F6692C215FBC.jpeg
    E991D581-5820-40A6-9322-F6692C215FBC.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 26
To me that looks like a great deal - Even assuming they have aged and are only capable of producing 200 watts per panel.

I wish I had the room for a pallet of them.
Yeah I read an really good review in this company.
apparently they’re Tier 1 panels made in China but the company went banksriot after being the largest solar panel manufacturer in the world.
They got scammed by Italians that sold bogus German bonds in excess of $500 million that the company didn’t realize for two years.
Sounds like they had a crappy
Money management team but their panels were definitely top of the line and corrosion resistant popular in coastal regions.
I’d say these would be a pretty decent purchase.
Looks like you can get a half pallet, 20 panels for $1400 which is $70 per panel.
I initially asked the seller a few questions in a text and he replied without answering questions “What day this week donyou
Want to meet me at the warehouse in Cleveland Tn?”

I waited a couple days and texted back I had a few questions and he sent me pics right away.
Not sure if he’s desperate to sell, very busy or tired of tire kickers from Craigslist….maybe all the above.
At least he sent me the pics and wasn’t a smart ass the second time around.

still not sure If I’m gonna get any.

Since this last Hurricane I am looking more and more ways to power my home for short term comfort. E.g. high wind , ice storms, hurricanes , crazy wind sheer seem to be the main causes of the power going out . I am getting a gas powered generator but!!!!

I want to know about any of you who have those small solar systems that can run lights, charge up electronics, just keep small things running . I do have a solar flashlight , works great, and have some solar outdoor lights that work well. Can you suggest a solar panel system that’s portable and can sit on my deck when I need it?
I have a 9kw system on my house, that means 29 panels, I can tell u this, a solar system isn’t **** without batteries and inverters, I have 2 batteries and 9 of my circuits are off grid, well is 1 of them...solar is quite expensive!

Yeah I read an really good review in this company.
apparently they’re Tier 1 panels made in China but the company went banksriot after being the largest solar panel manufacturer in the world.
They got scammed by Italians that sold bogus German bonds in excess of $500 million that the company didn’t realize for two years.
Sounds like they had a crappy
Money management team but their panels were definitely top of the line and corrosion resistant popular in coastal regions.
I’d say these would be a pretty decent purchase.
Looks like you can get a half pallet, 20 panels for $1400 which is $70 per panel.
I initially asked the seller a few questions in a text and he replied without answering questions “What day this week donyou
Want to meet me at the warehouse in Cleveland Tn?”

I waited a couple days and texted back I had a few questions and he sent me pics right away.
Not sure if he’s desperate to sell, very busy or tired of tire kickers from Craigslist….maybe all the above.
At least he sent me the pics and wasn’t a smart ass the second time around.

still not sure If I’m gonna get any.
When u add batteries to your system, the inverters must be comparable with the inverters or Hell will happen, there is also a lot of software involved, witch I would of never guessed until I got an off grid system for my house...buyer beware, there are hidden joys in solar, seek professional help!...I used southern view...very good pp, talk to Scott

Back
Top Bottom