• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar power

I pulled the trigger on the Nature Power 110 watt solar kit at Home Depot $110 delivered . Now I need a battery. Comes with a 300 watt inverter . I now will have 550 watts of solar for emergency after this is all put together .

yea if you are tied to a sub-station

That is a very large charger. do the math you need 600kW to charge 100kwH battery like in most Teslas in 10 mins to do this. The average home service is 48 kW

Just because the batteries have the rapid charge capability doesn't mean they must be charged at their maximum rate.

But definitely a consideration.

I've had a Goal Zero Yeti 400 for over six years. Just replaced the internal battery (Batteries Plus Bulbs is your friend). Just picked up two Goal Zero Nomad 50 panels to keep it topped of should power go out for a few days.

We also have an inverter and a number of lamps, lanterns and smaller solar panels (10 & 20 watt) from Goal Zero. They're not the least expensive brand, but they work well. @TruPrep has a HUGE selection of Goal Zero products.

Anyone use LED light bulbs? I think they use 8.5 watts but glow like 60 watts. Any recommendations or are they all the same?
We've had the best luck with great value (walmart) led bulbs.
They're really bright and cheap enough to keep extra on hand

View attachment 2913847 Got this in the mail today. Going to be testing it for a week . Mainly in my car / keep my phone charged up. Hopefully it will work great when the power goes out.
We have one that's similar and it wouldn't charge anything while the battery was being charged by the sun. Make sure to have it fully charged before you need it.

Anyone adding any solar items to your systems? Solar panel s? Lights? Batteries?
I bought a Goal Zero crush lantern to see if it was cool. It really is! ran almost 30 hours on low with enough light to keep visibility in my internal bathroom. $19 and recharges with a built in solar panel or micro USB. I will probably buy more in the future.

I bought a Goal Zero crush lantern to see if it was cool. It really is! ran almost 30 hours on low with enough light to keep visibility in my internal bathroom. $19 and recharges with a built in solar panel or micro USB. I will probably buy more in the future.

You have an outhouse? :doh:
You spend 30 hours at a time in the bathroom? :)

Back
Top Bottom