• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Social Shotgun: Red Hill Range, 7/19

1   0
Reaction score
Registration & Info Link

This class focuses on the manipulations required to utilize a shotgun as a personal protection tool. Topics will include safety, proper loading and unloading techniques, ready conditions, ammunition considerations, and more.

Students should bring eye/hearing protection and a brimmed hat as well as personal comfort items such as food, drinks, chairs, weather gear, etc.

• A pump-action or semi-automatic shotgun with a tubular magazine capable of holding at least four rounds in the tube is required.
  • A means of carrying spare ammo such as a sidesaddle, butt cuff, belt carrier, etc.
  • 100 rounds of birdshot
  • 10 rounds of buckshot
Buckshot Recommendation: Federal FliteControl LE reduced recoil buckshot is strongly recommended. Speer and Hornady also produce reduced recoil buckshot with the FliteControl wad. These loads are WELL worth the money. They will give you a superior pattern and extend the effective distance of your shotgun.

Special note: 12 gauge shotguns are strongly preferred. 20 gauge shotguns may be used, but those using 20 gauge will have to be separated to avoid 12 and 20 gauge ammo being mixed together. Shooters wishing to use any other gauges should consult with the instructor prior to registration.

Cost: The tuition for this course is $100.00. A spot in the class may be reserved by making a $50.00 deposit (credit card fees apply if paying online). The balance is due on the date of the class.

Range Fee: $20 payable to the range on the day of the class

Weather policy: If the weather is such that it jeopardizes the students’ safety, the class will be postponed or delayed as appropriate. Otherwise, the class will go forth as scheduled rain or shine.

GA POST certified peace officers will receive POST credit for this class.

Tickets may also be purchased via Venmo or PayPal. Make sure to include your email address:

www.venmo.com/firstpersonsafety

paypal.me/firstpersonsafety

Another outstanding class!

Well worth the drive, (and value-priced IMHO).

Practical skills learned, with critical (yet kind) assesments made all day.

I waited a year to take this class, and the wait was well worth it. When it comes up again - take it!

I used an elastic cuff over the stock. One other had similar cuff on a semi-auro. I also had a Bob Allen box carrier I use sometimes for skeet/trap - holds 25-round box plus 2 rounds on outside.

Several used sidesaddles, either hard plastic (I think) or aluminum. Saw one waist bandoleer.

Really, just using what was comfortable. The shooting line was 12 feet or so from your gear bench.

"Better" came down to what folks had used before.

I experimented with several different ways to reload. The class structure was flexible enough to do so, and I got quality observations and suggestions on handling and setting up the gun and your kit.

Back
Top Bottom