• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So you apply for your GWL, 2 years later you get thrown in jail because you did

Think that sucks? Try having a twin brother that is a convicted felon... And has your middle name as his First name, and his middle name is YOUR first name..... Yeah, I been through the friggin ringer over that crap!!! It took being arrested 4 times (while he was in prison) trying to purchase a handgun, spending several nights in jail, thousands of dollars in attorney fees, and finally a middle name change on my part to finally put an end to it... except every time I renew my CCW I gotta go in person and explain why I got flagged, even though its already written down for them!!!!!!
Ok. You win! Dang man....

$1M for “33 harrowing hours” in Cobb County jail? :lol: I’ve had hangovers longer than that.

plus, as his mother notes, having the arrest show up on a background check for the rest of your life.

I'm working on matter right now in HR in the very high tech computer field, and that is the kiss of death to getting a job there.

Exactly. Not just was he wrongfully arrested, but now he has an arrest on his record that he will need to explain to potential employers for the rest of his life.

He seems like a great kid being on the Deans list in the engineering program at his school. It was even his first time being pulled over. $1m is fair to ask given the trouble he went and will go thru in the future.

America needs constitutional carry, no government should be needed so I can get on my knees and beg for the chance to rent privileges from. Tell me otherwise if you think im wrong but why should my "rights" be sold back to me?

All of our choices have consequences. Talking smack on the internet usually has the lowest consequence of bad choices. It certainly doesn’t solve any problems but it makes the talker feel better.

$1M for “33 harrowing hours” in Cobb County jail? :lol: I’ve had hangovers longer than that.

plus, as his mother notes, having the arrest show up on a background check for the rest of your life.

I'm working on matter right now in HR in the very high tech computer field, and that is the kiss of death to getting a job there.

Exactly. Not just was he wrongfully arrested, but now he has an arrest on his record that he will need to explain to potential employers for the rest of his life.

He seems like a great kid being on the Deans list in the engineering program at his school. It was even his first time being pulled over. $1m is fair to ask given the trouble he went and will go thru in the future.

1 million is not enough. He could potentially be cheated out of employment of a 6 figure job because of a hit during a background check. A felony arrest puts a red light on an application real quick. What's a lifetime career worth?

If you factor in the butt rape, 1 mil is a paltry sum to be asking for.

Exactly. Not just was he wrongfully arrested, but now he has an arrest record that he will need to explain to potential employers for the rest of his life.

...the trouble he went and will go thru in the future.

Since he was not taken to trial on these charges, and he didn't enter any plea bargain, and the charges were completely dismissed on the merits without his having to win on the technicality of a motion suppressing evidence, HE CAN GET AN EXPUNGEMENT,
which has been renamed a record restriction in our Georgia code book.
See code section OCGA 35-3- 37.

Back
Top Bottom