• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So you apply for your GWL, 2 years later you get thrown in jail because you did

I have had several occasions to receive “special attention” when entering the US from Canada. Canada of all places, the last time I sat at the border crossing near Buffalo for 30 minutes the Officer was great explained to me that , well my name is “common” and that someone whom they are very interested in has the same name. He apologized. I understand but damn an arrest of this kid?

I went to renew a GWL in 2015 and DeKalb county blocked it saying I had an outstanding warrant from Dec,21,1979. Got my 1st GWL in 1990 and a renewal every 5 years you would think some brain trust would have seen that.Had to jump thru hoops to get the thing purged

I went to renew a GWL in 2015 and DeKalb county blocked it saying I had an outstanding warrant from Dec,21,1979. Got my 1st GWL in 1990 and a renewal every 5 years you would think some brain trust would have seen that.Had to jump thru hoops to get the thing purged
That was just Dekalb County being Dekalb County...

Think that sucks? Try having a twin brother that is a convicted felon... And has your middle name as his First name, and his middle name is YOUR first name..... Yeah, I been through the friggin ringer over that crap!!! It took being arrested 4 times (while he was in prison) trying to purchase a handgun, spending several nights in jail, thousands of dollars in attorney fees, and finally a middle name change on my part to finally put an end to it... except every time I renew my CCW I gotta go in person and explain why I got flagged, even though its already written down for them!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom