• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So will it be manslaughter for Alec Baldwin?

The agreement has not been agreed to and a strike is still likely.

However **** anyone who would even suggest that this occurred because someone did or did not belong to a union.

It is my thought that the whole thing reeks of a set up. I wouldn’t be surprised to find if that someone brought a live round and loaded it into the gun intentionally (not thinking that someone could be killed) to try to say non union labor isn’t safe and that is why they should be paid more.

They started pushing the non union angle too quickly and I don’t trust anything once the union is involved nor do I doubt that some in the union would negligently or intentionally kill someone to make a point.

That was my.fisrt thought as well. I was in the union city studios Thursday and the art director said something about a strike. Then I read this morning it was averted. But I dunno. I def think someone could have swapped in a live round to prove a point though.

That was my.fisrt thought as well. I was in the union city studios Thursday and the art director said something about a strike. Then I read this morning it was averted. But I dunno. I def think someone could have swapped in a live round to prove a point though.

That’s my facility. What were you doing there?

I, for one, won't cuss out anyone who suggests anyone from a union did something completely reprehensible.

I heard low budget movie, previous safety concerns, union crews had walked out or been fired.
Still can’t imagine how a live cartridge was even on a movie set.
Be interesting to see the true story (if it ever comes out).
I can believe having a scene (for example loading rounds into a revolver) where you need something that looks more like a real round than those blanks.
But I don't know why you wouldn't use fake rounds (snap caps or made up - it's not that difficult). Especially when you also have scenes firing the same gun.

I can believe having a scene (for example loading rounds into a revolver) where you need something that looks more like a real round than those blanks.
But I don't know why you wouldn't use fake rounds (snap caps or made up - it's not that difficult). Especially when you also have scenes firing the same gun.
Interesting. I read somewhere that there were three guns on the table. Maybe one was used with live ammo for closeup loading scenes and got mixed up with the blank-firing one.
Speculation abounds.

Based on what we know so far, I can't fault Baldwin. With a single action, Colt type revolver, it's impractical to expect an actor to inspect the weapon for correct ammo type, because that involves removing the rounds from the weapon. If Baldwin had to do a scene where he was suspended from a wire, he wouldn't be expected to inspect the wiring rig's worthiness, any more than he would be expected to inspect the carpentry for the stage or scenery. Those are responsibilities of the key grip, set director, stunt foreman. The actor worries about acting, and about not props, sets, sound equipment, cameras, etc.

Whoever was in charge of the weapons and ammo, and handed that gun to Baldwin, bears the responsibility, unless it was a criminal plot by another person.

Back
Top Bottom