• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who flies drones around here?

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Okay first of all I know that this does NOT seem like anything I would be into. If you assumed that you're 100% right. Normally I wouldn't be into this kinda thing. To me it's kinda like throwing hundred dollar bills in the air and waiting to see what happens next.
Anyway this guy I work with/for bought one before Christmas called a Cfly Dream. Then he bought a DJI brand that costs about twice as much and I wound up with the cheaper one. I told him I'd take it home to my daughter and see if she digs it. Well... let me just say that this is some complicated ****. Gotta download the Cfly app which he phone doesn't seem to work well with. Then you gotta go into your phones WiFi settings and conn9to the controller NOT the drone itself. Never connect to the drone. Turns out that's just like flying blind. Then you gotta wait until you acquire signals from at least 6 or 7 satellites before taking off.
I mean it seems like it COULD be fun and it gets us outside but damn it's complicated.

I have used a DJI some and it is complicated. In order to stay slick on it, I would need to fly it 8 to 10 hours a week.

I have one I use for all my trade meet up, so if they refuse my BOS, I have them, their car and if they can't outrun me and my drone, pics of their house and them going in. If they have a skyight in the bedroom, might get some footage there too.

Back
Top Bottom