• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

What do y'all do? Ride to your mechanic or take the wheels off and bring them in or do it all yourself? Realistically I won't be riding much the next several weeks so I am thinking I should get a set of tire irons and give it a try.

I take off my wheels
I change my own tires on spoke tube wheels
but
take my powder coated cast wheels to the shop

if you get tire irons, get the 24" from HF @ $6.00 get 3
and get some rim protectors on-line[/QUOTE]

397066_2690125934078_23803875_n-1.jpg

Greetings! New rider here.

Had my SV for about a year and it's time to replace both tires. I usually do minor to medium difficulty car repairs myself and started doing that with the bike, but I've never done tires and don't have tire tools.

What do y'all do? Ride to your mechanic or take the wheels off and bring them in or do it all yourself? Realistically I won't be riding much the next several weeks so I am thinking I should get a set of tire irons and give it a try.

Also, any bike shop recommendations in Marietta area?

SV.jpg
If you do it yourself make sure to take them to a shop to get them balanced.

Take the wheels over to Cycle Gear, or some place like Caylor-Made motorsports. Opie does good work.

Your tires are your connection to the road. If you don't have the tires or experience, don't risk half-assing it... Get it done right.

Greetings! New rider here.

Had my SV for about a year and it's time to replace both tires. I usually do minor to medium difficulty car repairs myself and started doing that with the bike, but I've never done tires and don't have tire tools.

Also, any bike shop recommendations in Marietta area?

SV.jpg

Nice SV. Lots of options but for faster service remove the wheels and take them somewhere. I"d call around as many shops are usually behind but might be able to fit you in. Tire changing fees vary a LOT. A few shops to check: CaylorMade motorsports, Mountain Motorsports, Wooly's Cycles, Cycle Gear (they only change tires off the bike AFAIK), DucShop, and WOW. Might be some smaller shops, and also maybe check some harley independent shops (went into one off Roswell road near Cycle Gear when I was having my car worked on across the street, super nice guys, but I don't recall the name of the shop but they do a lot of custom builds and were big enthusiasts).

Back
Top Bottom