• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So this is the area I've got to hunt.

If it’s heavily trafficked public land then, going in deeper than others go may help. Acorn trees, water, trails, scrapes. Hopefully you find the big buck that’s smarter than those “hunt near the truck” fellas. Do you have a cart or a harness for getting him out?
It's pretty flat except for the river running through it. I should be able to drag or throw him over a shoulder no sweat. At least 21 years ago it was no sweat. LOL

It's pretty flat except for the river running through it. I should be able to drag or throw him over a shoulder no sweat. At least 21 years ago it was no sweat. LOL
Haha. That's the spirit. Please post pics of the buck over the shoulder technique. I dragged a decent six pointer that looked bigger in the scope. One handful of antler. Dragged it about 200 yards...downhill. The level ground and uphill was the party pooper.

Haha. That's the spirit. Please post pics of the buck over the shoulder technique. I dragged a decent six pointer that looked bigger in the scope. One handful of antler. Dragged it about 200 yards...downhill. The level ground and uphill was the party pooper.
Will do ;) Selfie with deer on the shoulder coming up. ;)

Trail cams...bedding areas...feeding areas..wind direction.... :)
Smokes, stinky marlboro red flavored hunting clothes and wind direction. Gotcha. ;)

I hope the deer is DRT because if he or she runs into the swamp I'm gonna have to get some snake bite proof chest waders. Eeek!!

I would get near the river. They travel those like highways. Should be acorns and plenty of thick cover. The Flint has produced some incredible deer. Hiking in deep or using waders to access places others wont go, is a good way to escape crowds. Deer are doing the same, trying to avoid hunters. Good luck

If you can find those doe beds go in and uphill about 200-300 yards and start looking for rub clusters.
that’ll be your buck bedding area.

If you can sneak in there and get a shooting lane you’ll be golden.
They will be bedding on a vantage point of course.

If you can find those doe beds go in and uphill about 200-300 yards and start looking for rub clusters.
that’ll be your buck bedding area.

If you can sneak in there and get a shooting lane you’ll be golden.
They will be bedding on a vantage point of course.
Good intel. Thank you Sir. :)

Back
Top Bottom