• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So my cousin was killed by Corona that she caught from 2 doctors that did her surgery

First question: What was the surgery? Obviously it was a "life saving" procedure and not elective.
Second question: If her husband and daughter are both positive it is highly unlikely that they would have contracted it from the surgeons, how do you know that they were not all positive before her surgery?
Third question: How do you know that she contracted it from the surgeons? Isn't it more likely that the surgeons contracted the virus from pre-surgery contact with her?
Forth question: Without the surgery, what were her chances of survival?

Information is from her brother. Surgery was for hernia that had her stomach some how up in her chest. Husband and daughter are in quarantine as a precaution because they were in her room seeing her before she passed. She wasn't sick with the flu when she went to the hospital for surgery and the hospital staff told the family in their opinion she was infected by one or both surgeons. Staff told them she was doing fine and all of a sudden went down hill. Forth question I got no idea.

yep, get ready to get rich.

Seriously, that really sucks, how could the hospital allow Coronapositive surgeons operate? and, Who washes their hands better, with better soap, than a surgeon?

I think in time they will. Surgeons got to breathe and all it would take is cough or a sneeze.

Sorry to hear that, although 2 weeks ago I'm not sure it would have even been possible to test all surgeons, and most medical practices were operating as usual.

Sure, 20/20 hindsight says that it would be better to use up the limited number of test kits on surgeons instead of Tom Hanks and the Utah Jazz, but we didn't know then what we know now.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I would have to think long and hard about going to a hospital right now for anything other than a life or death situation.

To the OP, praying for your family. Hate to hear that anyone has lost a loved one because of this stupid virus that is causing destruction in so many ways.

Tony2X Tony2X It pretty much meant the nurses were bugging him every few hours by taking vitals, checking in on him.
I know it's part of the SOP for ICU patients, but this could be part of the problem right here.

Back
Top Bottom