• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So my cousin was killed by Corona that she caught from 2 doctors that did her surgery

Not tryin to be an azz here....but how is someone recoverin well in an Intensive Care Unit?

To the OP, praying for your family. Hate to hear that anyone has lost a loved one because of this stupid virus that is causing destruction in so many ways.

@Tony2X , There are levels to ICU. It does not necessarily mean the person is unconscious and “not salvageable” ( I’m 3 glasses into the bourbon, words starting to not work right). My father spent 11 days in “ICU” after a mini-stroke, no lasting effects. It pretty much meant the nurses were bugging him every few hours by taking vitals, checking in on him.

That's a bit scary, I'm having knee surgery on the 10th of April!
If it wasn't for the pain, and the fact that it is arthroscopic, I would think about rescheduling.
My buddy was suppose to have his knee done last week. Doc told him check back in 6 months. No elective surgery till his virus is under control.

This morning I found out my cousin in California had some serious surgery and was recovering well in ICU. Her husband and daughter were not allowed to see her until 30 minutes before she passed away because they are also considered positive and under quarantine. 2 of her surgeons tested positive for the virus. She is gone and her husband and daughter are quarantined for 14 days. Just sucks all the way around. Be careful if you are having surgery demand the surgeons are tested.
First question: What was the surgery? Obviously it was a "life saving" procedure and not elective.
Second question: If her husband and daughter are both positive it is highly unlikely that they would have contracted it from the surgeons, how do you know that they were not all positive before her surgery?
Third question: How do you know that she contracted it from the surgeons? Isn't it more likely that the surgeons contracted the virus from pre-surgery contact with her?
Forth question: Without the surgery, what were her chances of survival?

Not tryin to be an azz here....but how is someone recoverin well in an Intensive Care Unit?

Her surgery was serious and she was recovering in ICU and went down hill. Her brother is telling me medical staff were the ones that told them they think it was the virus.

That's a bit scary, I'm having knee surgery on the 10th of April!
If it wasn't for the pain, and the fact that it is arthroscopic, I would think about rescheduling.

I was scheduled to have rotator cuff surgery April 22nd, unfortunately that has been cancelled. I have short tern disability insurance that would pay more than what I'm presently earning.

Back
Top Bottom