• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I'm thinking about getting a Can Am Spyder...............

I friend of mine is a hard-core motorcycle guy, bought one of them for his wife, and them bought one for himself to that their riding styles would match when they ride together. He likes the storage and sometimes rides it when he's by himself.

He put me on his and we went for a ride. Not terrible. It rides completely differently than a motorcycle. To do curves quickly you need a very active body position to shift your weight to the inside.

If it works for you, go for it.

2014 RT Spyder got the 1330cc in-line triple and the 2018 RT got the new dash cluster and elimination of the dreadded drive-belt shudder.

my 2013 with 998cc v-twin motor is plenty hp/torque/speed for me, still goes 99 mph and I live with the belt shudder so I never even considered upgrading. Mine is manual-thumb upshift (no clutch) and automatic downshift (5-4-3-2-1) a perfect setup IMO. Some older RT SM5 models were fully manual with foot lever and hand clutch.

Seeing asking prices of used 2014 RT‘s in the mid-teens up to 20k are crazy sellers waiting on a sucker, I’d personally buy a brand new 900cc Ryker (not the 600cc) before spending that much for pre-owned no-warranty RT.
I've been seriously considering the Ryker just to try one out and see if I want to invest in a really nice spyder.

Now that you seem to be considering Ryker's as well, I'd suggest a Ryker just for spirited rides to dinner, but stick with a Spyder if you plan to pack an overnight bag for the Cherohala Skyway.

Another one today.

Attachments

• BB5D1344-1BB8-4EB3-9E9E-490A7FE50387.jpeg
    BB5D1344-1BB8-4EB3-9E9E-490A7FE50387.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 19
Anyone have any experience riding one of these things. Are they fun? Not really into motorcycles anymore and wanting to try something different.

This is the one I'm considering getting.

View attachment 3560000
There is a guy in Peachtree City that rents his out for $250 a day. Advertises on Facebook.

Now that you seem to be considering Ryker's as well, I'd suggest a Ryker just for spirited rides to dinner, but stick with a Spyder if you plan to pack an overnight bag for the Cherohala Skyway.
That is kinda what I figured. The Spyder seems to have more of the comfort level I'm looking for in a bike.

Back
Top Bottom