• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So if I were to buy a charcoal grill........

I had a big green egg for years and loved it til it met a tragic end. Bought the Sam’s club Komodo and it has been just as good at about a third the price when you factor the included accessories. Make no mistake, BGE is a quality product and you wouldn’t regret purchasing one but you can get comparable for less money IMO.

I agree with Horsehat, BGE is great, but you can get just as good for less money. I own a Vision Kamado grill. I got their next to the biggest, with legs, the adjustable top, an electric charcoal starter, shelves, and a cover for $600. Remember though, never use charcoal briquettes in a Kamado, only use lump charcoal.

I had a big green egg for years and loved it til it met a tragic end. Bought the Sam’s club Komodo and it has been just as good at about a third the price when you factor the included accessories. Make no mistake, BGE is a quality product and you wouldn’t regret purchasing one but you can get comparable for less money IMO.
Thank you for the advice.

I agree with Horsehat, BGE is great, but you can get just as good for less money. I own a Vision Kamado grill. I got their next to the biggest, with legs, the adjustable top, an electric charcoal starter, shelves, and a cover for $600. Remember though, never use charcoal briquettes in a Kamado, only use lump charcoal.
Excellent thank you.

Why is this? Educate me. I’ve owned an Egg for probably 14 or more years and for the most part haven’t used anything but lump. But, there have been a few burns with charcoal. I didn’t know that.

Never is probably too harsh a word. You can use briquettes, but remember they don’t burn as hot, use fillers, and leave more ash and dust. I’ve heard the Kingsford competition briquettes aren’t as bad.

Never is probably too harsh a word. You can use briquettes, but remember they don’t burn as hot, use fillers, and leave more ash and dust. I’ve heard the Kingsford competition briquettes aren’t as bad.
:thumb:

I knew they were made with fillers and such just wasn’t sure if they caused issues with the ceramics in the Egg.

Believe it or not, I've cooked some great grub with my little Acorn Jr.
Built a snazzy little stand for it.
Great for cooking small batches of food.
Smokes using a diverter plate and sears up to 500+F as a direct fire grill.
Believe it or not, I can get an 8-9 lb butt on it. Runs about $150.
Deal of the day.

Screenshot_20210529-075246_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210529-075141_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210529-075107_Instagram.jpg

Back
Top Bottom