• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I have a carry permit and have filled out two 4473s in the last month...

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
But last week I am told on a NICS check I have to wait a week to pick up my gun. Does the government just do this kind of shyt to annoy gun owners. I give my social so there is no doubt who I am. I own a bunch of class 3 toys and have NEVER had a run in with the law. I haven't even had a traffic violation in the last 25 years.

So can anyone tell me why I must wait 7 days for my new toy?

But last week I am told on a NICS check I have to wait a week to pick up my gun. Does the government just do this kind of shyt to annoy gun owners. I give my social so there is no doubt who I am. I own a bunch of class 3 toys and have NEVER had a run in with the law. I haven't even had a traffic violation in the last 25 years.

They don't like the bird.

No telling, it's common though. At the pawn shop we would have people pawn and pick up their gun every single month, then on one pick up they would get delayed for no reason.

Seemed to happen most often when there was a lot of gun buying going on, like around black Friday, Christmas, or a panic because of a shooting.

Or the ATF could finally be on to you, RIP to your dog.

If you haven't had any issues before that is strange that you would have a delay now. If they said to wait a week it likely because they received a "delayed" response.

I had one customer that bought several guns and he ALWAYS got delayed. We would mention that getting a PIN number from NICS or a carry license would stop this but he said he didn't mind lol.

No telling, it's common though. At the pawn shop we would have people pawn and pick up their gun every single month, then on one pick up they would get delayed for no reason.

Seemed to happen most often when there was a lot of gun buying going on, like around black Friday, Christmas, or a panic because of a shooting.

Or the ATF could finally be on to you, RIP to your dog.
LOL Yeah man that's why I named my pups butch and sundance. ;)
If you haven't had any issues before that is strange that you would have a delay now. If they said to wait a week it likely because they received a "delayed" response.

I had one customer that bought several guns and he ALWAYS got delayed. We would mention that getting a PIN number from NICS or a carry license would stop this but he said he didn't mind lol.
Seems like my Social is the best PIN number.

That is some Alabama state law. NICS does not do any 7 day delay. Only a 3 day. After 3 days you can legally buy the gun according to the federal law. In GA if you have a carry license there is no NICS check.
Hmmm, Yeah I thought 7 days did seem excessive. So it is an Alabama thing. Maybe I shouldn't have cracked jokes when I was standing at the counter waiting on the NICS to respond. Guess the guy didn't like my jokes or my comment about who would pay 3200 dollars for a bolt action ar 10 Q rifle.

Can the staff at a gun shop put your item on hold?

Hmmm, Yeah I thought 7 days did seem excessive. So it is an Alabama thing. Maybe I shouldn't have cracked jokes when I was standing at the counter waiting on the NICS to respond. Guess the guy didn't like my jokes or my comment about who would pay 3200 dollars for a bolt action ar 10 Q rifle.

Can the staff at a gun shop put your item on hold?
The staff can absolutely do this.

Back
Top Bottom