• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snakes are on the move

OP.....don't be picking up poisonous snakes with a towel man! Your very lucky you didn't get tagged and cottonmouth venom is as bad as a rattlesnakes and to my knowledge they don't dry bite like a copperhead will sometimes. Your VERY lucky.

OP.....don't be picking up poisonous snakes with a towel man! Your very lucky you didn't get tagged and cottonmouth venom is as bad as a rattlesnakes and to my knowledge they don't dry bite like a copperhead will sometimes. Your VERY lucky.
I did not have many options. I figured the snake could strike faster than I could move my foot. I have re-located many a snake with a towel, but never one with the strength to get it's head out of my grip. Regardless, SWMBO insisted that I kill the snake rather than re-locate and the only firearm I had at the barn was an old WWI military 45. One shot did the trick...SWMBO would have emptied the gun. Had the snake even been 2 feet away, I would have used other means to remove him.

This guy would've survived but to close to my little girl, his head was raised up close to her face height. 9mm did the trick. I usually let them go off but this was the second time he had been in my fence, this is just outside my fence.
20190727_111808.jpg

This guy would've survived but to close to my little girl, his head was raised up close to her face height. 9mm did the trick. I usually let them go off but this was the second time he had been in my fence, this is just outside my fence.View attachment 2888696
Good call that’s a black king cobra

Funny story....my dad was a bubblehead for years. After they returned from their deployment to Japan post Vietnam, he was in Charleston. He and a few ship mates "borrowed" a dingy and went cruising up the Edisto drinking beer and whatnot. Apparently at some point a snake, venomous or otherwise, fell out of a tree into the boat and well lubricated, one of them (to this day Dad says it wasn't him but he doesn't remember who) took a few shots at the snake and poked some holes in the boat. They had to bail all the way back to base and then explain to the XO why the boat had been missing and why it had some holes in it.

All I can say is that I know someone who did that completely sober. You have no idea how much water can come through a .22 caliber hole.

And that's all I will say about that.

Back
Top Bottom