• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoking

I cook on a green egg and absolutely love it! Haven't found a cut of meat I don't like on it but I love a Boston butt pretty good for the versatility of it. Barbecue, just as is off the grill, left over burritos and I always cook two and pull one off early to put in the crock pot for a mid week easy meal. I'm getting hungry again.

First run at a boston butt on the smoker. Picture doesn't look good but the rub looked and smelled awesome.

Attachments

• 0329151158.jpg
    0329151158.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 26
Ive been wanting to do tuna steaks any advice on that?

I know this is an old thread, but just ran across it. I cook on a Bubba Keg, a metal kamado similar to the BGE or the Acorn.

I cook fish pretty often, and I *LOVE* tuna steaks! The thing to remember is that tuna needs to be fresh (or close) and don't over-cook it. Bring your Acorn temp up to about 450 deg. I like to baste both sides of the tuna with melted butter or olive oil. Season both sides of your steaks (my new favorite fish seasoning is Montreal Steak Seasoning). Top your steaks with some fresh minced garlic and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Grill about 4-5 minutes per side (this is for 1.5" thick tuna steaks). When done, tuna should medium to medium rare. Any more and you lose flavor, and the texture gets tough and dry.

I know this is an old thread, but just ran across it. I cook on a Bubba Keg, a metal kamado similar to the BGE or the Acorn.

I cook fish pretty often, and I *LOVE* tuna steaks! The thing to remember is that tuna needs to be fresh (or close) and don't over-cook it. Bring your Acorn temp up to about 450 deg. I like to baste both sides of the tuna with melted butter or olive oil. Season both sides of your steaks (my new favorite fish seasoning is Montreal Steak Seasoning). Top your steaks with some fresh minced garlic and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Grill about 4-5 minutes per side (this is for 1.5" thick tuna steaks). When done, tuna should medium to medium rare. Any more and you lose flavor, and the texture gets tough and dry.

Thanks :thumb: I will give that a try as soon as I have a nice day off

Back
Top Bottom