• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoking

Somebody wanting to try it out for CHEAP needs to snag this..... http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/856765-FS-Brinkman-Gourmet-Smoker

I've got a very similar one...probably same manufacture with a different label on it and it works great. It needs a little customization work or rednecking done to it to make it better like an adjustable vent on top and better vents on the underside as well as a thermal blanket around it to keep the temp warmer as the sides are thin. Once I did that, the thing is a beast!

Big green egg, if you have time. Electric, is much easier. I smoked some salmon in the electric one. It turned out perfect.

Bought a cheap electric Masterbuilt, haven't used it much yet but no complaints. I need to break it out again.
Poor butt, easy and good eats!
I've been too scared to try brisket (which is also my favorite) too! ;)

I have a MES too, smoked a turkey in it this thanksgiving and turned out great. Did a flat brisket as well, delicious. Best set it and forget smoker.

I have a Green Egg. My favorite to cook is brisket so I can make burnt ends out of it. Man are those things good. Also love to take japaleno peppers, cut them half lengthwise,clean out the seeds and membrane, fill with cream cheese, wrap in bacon and put them on a grate over a water pan in the green egg. Smoke at 250-275 for about 45mins to a hour. First things to go at every party. The perverse are really mild so if you want them hotter just leave some seeds in.

Back
Top Bottom