• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoking a brisket?

Attachments

• 20160924_043851.jpg
    20160924_043851.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 27
Appears you may be eating now but here is a few more tips:
Don't pay attention to time - go by the temperature probe. It's ready when its ready.
Resist the urge to open the lid on the smoker - leave it shut.
Brisket will seem like it is cooking really fast until it hits about 170 degrees. Then the fat will start rending
and the temp will fall off as much as 20 degrees, Everything is fine, it does that. Do Not Open Lid!
When desired temp is reached if you haven't already take out and wrap in foil for an hour or so.
Then Invite friends and eat.

Well done! I do see a smoke ring, Congrats

Thank you. It certainly turned out better than I anticipated. As predicted, I couldn't control my heat. Put it on at 0430 w/ an 1630 goal to be done. It was done around 0900. Wrapped it in foil and put in oven at 175* for remainder of day. There were a few tough bites, but overall it was pretty tender.

Thank you. It certainly turned out better than I anticipated. As predicted, I couldn't control my heat. Put it on at 0430 w/ an 1630 goal to be done. It was done around 0900. Wrapped it in foil and put in over at 175* for remainder of day. There were a few tough bites, but overall it was pretty tender.
Now that you have bitten but a taste of what you can do, you will become an addict. Opens a whole new door to explore great Barbecue.

Back
Top Bottom