• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoking a brisket?

Somebody say Pastrami? AtsWutImTalkinBout . Been there done that but bought mine corned already, just rubbed w/cajun seasoning and smoked the mess out of it. Some of the best samaches ever

The girlfriend's father used to do all his own processing and finishing off meats; so I am going to talk to him and get some ideas. I am really interested in doing all this myself. Tired of over the counter, grocery store crap. One of these days I am going to build me a smoke house and get serious about it. :)

NewLeaf NewLeaf , I am going to cut fresh apple wood to use. Bark on or off? It would be much easier to leave the bark on, any reason not to leave it on?

ETA: and yes, I am going to be up all night doing this. In the dark. So, wish me luck.

Wish I had a long time ago. Tried to (wanted to buy a friends place in Taylorsville in 200)3 but Wifey wussed out on me. Hope you do , If you build it I'll come eat

Wish I had a long time ago. Tried to (wanted to buy a friends place in Taylorsville in 200)3 but Wifey wussed out on me. Hope you do , If you build it I'll come eat

I'll have to admit that I had very little interest until the current girlfriend moved in. Next thing you know, I have a farm. Guess meat processing just kind of goes w/ having your own cows?

The girlfriend's father used to do all his own processing and finishing off meats; so I am going to talk to him and get some ideas. I am really interested in doing all this myself. Tired of over the counter, grocery store crap. One of these days I am going to build me a smoke house and get serious about it. :)

20160924_015851.jpg
20150626_181619.jpg

Back
Top Bottom