• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SMOKEY & THE BANDIT

“He sure did have a lot of friends didn’t he daddy”
They don’t make’em like they used too. Gleason was awesome. I’d love to find the out takes to that movie. Lol

My aunt had a trans am.. not sure of the yr tho.. my uncles spent all day rebuilding the motor and drinking beer.. by the time it got dunk my uncle Jerry was drunk, I’ve never seen him drunk cept this time.. he drank beer all the time.. was a retired army man.. he took that car for a spin when they were done .. he sure had a **** eating grin while spinning them tires at every turn.. I think it was a 400 motor but I’m probably wrong

A classic.. It’s a shame that they don’t make cars or movies like that anymore. Just think of how many of those bad ass Trans Ams they destroyed to make that movie.
My Dad said that he was over in Helen with his brother watching when they were filming. He said that as soon as they tore up one car they'd back another out of a trailer and keep on shooting. I'm sure it took more than one load of cars to make the whole movie.

One of the great movies of its era.

Jackie Gleason is often remembered for The Honeymooners, and deservedly so. One of the funniest TV shows ever to grace the small screen. However, he had tremendous range as an actor, all the way from hilarious, to soulful, to downright menacing.

Back
Top Bottom