• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

smoked trout

I've been using a similar brine for a few years for trout and salmon and I agree, the trout is crazy good. I have a charcoal and an electric smoker and I like using the electric smoker for fish because you can smoke at a lower temp. I usually start around 220 for 30 minutes, then drop to 185 for another 60-90 minutes until it flakes easily. I usually buy trout filets - whole fish probably take a bit longer.

I've been using a similar brine for a few years for trout and salmon and I agree, the trout is crazy good. I have a charcoal and an electric smoker and I like using the electric smoker for fish because you can smoke at a lower temp. I usually start around 220 for 30 minutes, then drop to 185 for another 60-90 minutes until it flakes easily. I usually buy trout filets - whole fish probably take a bit longer.
we enjoy catching them also...so we get double pleasure....

I've had trout...many times...but never smoked.
we also make trout cakes which are just fantastic, cook fish, use crab cake ingredients, mix with cracker crumbs, eggs an make a patty, bake or fry..very good ona bun like a fish samich, or on tha plate.. when you cook hushpuppies, add a teaspoon of tyme to the mix..itll surprise ya...

Back
Top Bottom