• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

smoked trout

FOZNOTS

Default rank <50 posts Supporter
Outdoorsman
4   0
Reaction score
i have eaten trout every way you can think of.. i have cooked `em on a forked stick over an open fire an enjoyed them. my wife loves trout cakes made like salmon patties.. she uses crab cake ingredients an trout, makes patties that you can fry, or bake `em in the oven...
i smoke, deer, turkeys at thanksgiving, chickens, an cornish game hens... but until a month ago never tried trout. WOW... what i have missed...
take several trout, (i use whole trout with heads an eyes attached ) an soak them in a brine mixture of 1/2 cup kosher salt,1/2 cup brown sugar.. mix with warm water so salt an sugar melt.. soak over nite in frig.. an hour or so before putting them on smoker, remove from brine, rinse well, an pat dry with paper towel.. let them air dry for about an hour, prop open the body cavity with tooth picks, i use one toward the head an one towards the back. they are ready for smoker...my wife cooks with a sprig of rosemary inserted between toothpicks..
smoke for 2 hrs an eat...i put aluminum foil on grate an spray with pam to keep fish from sticking..
we enjoy with different types of cheese an crackers, served with goya yellow rice.
ifn you have never tried them, you are missing a delicate, decadent, treat...
receipts can be found on google also...thats where i found mine//
20200808_182911.jpg

Anytime. Always hood to see your posts and sharing recipes. I am from Arlington, MA which is right outside of Boston and I surely do miss the Maine lobster. I used to be in Maine all the time and it is very beautiful up there.

Anytime. Always hood to see your posts and sharing recipes. I am from Arlington, MA which is right outside of Boston and I surely do miss the Maine lobster. I used to be in Maine all the time and it is very beautiful up there.
My Brother had a handmade Grand laker Canoe, last time I went up was maybe 8 or 9 years ago. He lives within 5 miles of the boarder between Canada and Maine..We fished those rapids that are the boundary line, trolling with Mickyfinn flys on fly rods...What a blast we had!

Back
Top Bottom