• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoked Goat

Me too. Have heard it was good. I had goats about 20 years ago and they were just nasty animals. Big pass for me.

Yep. love me some whole hog BBQ but on a scale of nastiness, goats are about a 0 compared to hogs.

BTW, I've butchered both, and know a little bit of what I'm talking about.

Sat in on one pig killing where the owners of the pig were making chitterlings out of the guts, if cleaning those doesn't start you retching, not much else will.

I’d eat that in a second. Most of the crap people eat is processed poison. That right there is how you eat to stay healthy and strong!!!

Was in a hunt club south of Mason, TX in the 70's. The rancher had goats, literally hundreds, to keep the ranch clean. We always took one for the oil drum smoker at the beginning of the week. I was told by an old timer to take one that had the most white on it. Maybe a little tan/brown OK, but cannot have any BLACK on it! Old wives tale? I don't know but the smoked goat was always good....Maybe things just tasted better in camp.

Was in a hunt club south of Mason, TX in the 70's. The rancher had goats, literally hundreds, to keep the ranch clean. We always took one for the oil drum smoker at the beginning of the week. I was told by an old timer to take one that had the most white on it. Maybe a little tan/brown OK, but cannot have any BLACK on it! Old wives tale? I don't know but the smoked goat was always good....Maybe things just tasted better in camp.
Everytime I hear somebody talking about goat I remember this story. When an ex boss's children were young their grandfather gave him a baby goat. The house where they lived had a pool that leaked and they had filled it in with sand and dirt but it still had the chain link fence around it and it made the perfect place for the goat all they had to do was build a house the kids could play with it all they wanted. Well, the kids grew and so did the goat and eventually they lost interest in playing with it. So, he told some guys at work if they wanted it they could come and get it. He told them to just come and get it out of the fence and take it with him. So, that Saturday he was watching television and heard a Big Bam. He looked out in the backyard and they chopped the goat and we're putting it in the trunk of a car. He went out to talk to him I said I didn't know you were going to do that. The guy who came for the goat said that they already had a pit dug in the ground and had guests coming.

Sounds racist..... ;)

Back
Top Bottom