• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smoked Goat

Goat meat WAS the first BBQ meat in the New World. Goat is eaten by almost every culture in the world as a staple protein. We don't eat much. I learned to love it in So. Cal in the Mexican restaurants and taco stands (the type that don't have any English on the menus).

Goat meat WAS the first BBQ meat in the New World. Goat is eaten by almost every culture in the world as a staple protein. We don't eat much. I learned to love it in So. Cal in the Mexican restaurants and taco stands (the type that don't have any English on the menus).
Real Mexican food is the best Mexican food.

Love me some goat. Sort of hard to find outside the metro areas. Have bought them on the hoof (brush goats) and put them on the grill. Best goat I ever had a neighbor had a peach orchard and every summer would feed out some goats on the drops.

Restaurant in Athens has goat BBQ every Tues. Honestly, they sauced it down so much, you don't really know what it is - so a good way to try it out without make a real commitment.

But for me, I'll eat goat BBQ every chance I get.

Growing up we always had steer goats in pasture with cows and would have them slaughtered . Mom would put it in deep pan with BarBQ sauce and cover with foil bake in oven and was great eating! Goat meat is a lot better for you than beef due to less fat !

download.jpeg
download.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom