Smith & Wesson Fixed Sight L & N Frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWC

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
154   0
Reaction score
I have always liked the older fixed sight L & N Frame S&W models more than the older traditional adjustable sight S&W models. They just have a look that I really like. Anyway, there are not a lot of fixed sight models out there and finding them can be a real challenge. I have been lucky enough to acquire four models, and I thought I would share them. Yeah, you could say that I am a showoff, but hey, this is ODT, and believe me, I have been called worse. So, oldest to the newest by age.

Model 38/44
Only shoots .38 and on the same frame, N frame, as the .44 mag. Thus, Model 38/44.

i47.tinypic.com_2ms1s82.jpg

Model 58
.41 mag, N frame, and only came with a 4" barrel. This gun did not sell well for S&W, only 20,000 made. Less than 15%, so I am told, in nickel.

i48.tinypic.com_2lutiyt.jpg

Model 520
.38/.357, N frame, only came with blue finish, 4 inch barrel, only 3000 produced for the NYSPD.

i48.tinypic.com_b5342c.jpg

Model 581
.38/.357, L frame, same as the Model 586 but with fixed sights.

i46.tinypic.com_ddi7id.jpg

That 38/44 bears a remarkable resemblance to a certain M27 I tried to acquire at one time... ;)

As always those are beautiful guns and excellent photography to boot.

Your killing me Jerry. I passed up a 581 about two years ago for 300 in a pawn shop. I thought it looked like a 586 but had never heard of the model number. I went home and looked it up. I went back the next day but it was gone. Very nice indeed. Now sell me that 19-3 you were showing me earlier. ;)

Your killing me Jerry. I passed up a 581 about two years ago for 300 in a pawn shop. I thought it looked like a 586 but had never heard of the model number. I went home and looked it up. I went back the next day but it was gone. Very nice indeed. Now sell me that 19-3 you were showing me earlier. ;)

Heck, I wish I had half the S&W's I passed up for one reason or another. I passed on a perfect nickel 3" M13 because I did not like the grips. I know, complete idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom