• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Smart battery chargers.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with a good smart battery charger.
With todays variety of lead acid, AGM, Lithium Ion, Lithium iron phosphate, VRLA batteries it seems there is a need for a smart charger that can recognize and properly charge a variety of batteries.
I deal with a lot of dead batteries come winter time and alot of them can be salvaged and are well worth the $25.00 core charge.
I’ve got an old school charger that does a fine job with lead acid batteries but I need to get with the times as I have about a dozen various batteries I need to liven back up.
Lemme know what works for you.

I’ve got a very small 800 Milliamp Battery tender Jr that will charge a big battery in a few days from a very low voltage but I’m gonna need more than a small maintainer/charger.

I use a Battery Minder that is wall mounted and can charge up to 8 batteries. You have to buy Y connectors and more cables to charge more, they're not cheap.
I've used one for 8 years now and got it from Northern Tools for just under $200 with a couple of accessories. It also desulfates the batteries too.
My atv agm batteries used to last 1-2 years. One of the 2 atv batteries just finally died at 7 years, the other is still going so far. Also makes my car batteries last longer too. When a vehicle is not in use, I just leave them on the Battery Minder.

I use a Noco Genius charger. It has worked well. I bought it to replace a battery tender Jr. That started acting wonky. The Jr didn't seem to stop charging when the battery was fully charged. The noco charges lead acid, agm and lithium, 12 or 6 volt.

I've had success with a Noco Genius 10, covers all types and has a recovery mode I was skeptical of but bought a battery back to life that an ordinary charger couldn't help.

Have a couple of them. What I've found is they won't charge a completely dead battery. I have to use a regular charger to get a little bit of a charge and then switch over. Knew someone who threw his away thinking it was defective.

Back
Top Bottom