2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic minced
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup carrots grated
green onions for garnish if desired

Instructions:

Cut flank steak into thin strips. Add steak and corn starch to a ziplock bag and shake to coat.

Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce,water, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir to mix. Add flank steak and stir again until coated in the sauce.

Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours until cooked through out and tender. Serve over rice and garnish with green onions.

B50F9AA9-3BDF-4505-B9F0-B9923B6CF69A.jpeg

I added some vidalia onion slices to the mixture and will omit the green onion garnish.
Will add pics when it’s done and let y’all know if it’s any good!

Here’s the finished product!
2F189A75-4C58-432A-8F70-AA6296941BEA.jpeg

D218EE38-C16B-4FDF-9136-853A69867B18.jpeg

I didn’t realize we had no rice until this got done, so I just used a couple of slices of wheat bread. Still dang tasty! Beef is very tender and flavorful. I think the only other addition I will make is a pinch of ginger next time I cook this.
I cut this recipe down due to my wife not being very fond of beef. I used a 10oz piece of flank steak and it was perfect for a plentiful single serving for my lunch!

Here’s the finished product!
View attachment 2625989
View attachment 2625990
I didn’t realize we had no rice until this got done, so I just used a couple of slices of wheat bread. Still dang tasty! Beef is very tender and flavorful. I think the only other addition I will make is a pinch of ginger next time I cook this.
I cut this recipe down due to my wife not being very fond of beef. I used a 10oz piece of flank steak and it was perfect for a plentiful single serving for my lunch!

Looks damn good.

I bought a whole flank steak that weighed almost 2 1/2 lbs from the Steel Buffalo Butchery yesterday. Cut it into 4 roughly equal pieces, used one today so I still have enough for 3 more single servings.
This is definitely a keeper recipe!

Back
Top Bottom