• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Slow Cooker Beef Stew - Workplace Favorite

FlyDawg72

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
21   0
Reaction score
We have a MONSTER slow cooker pan (not really a crock pot) at work, called a Rival Roasting Pan with an adjustable temperature dial on the front. This things will hold about 3 gallons of liquid and has a domed lid along with a claim to be able to roast a turkey.

Wednesday I bought all the ingredients for a beef stew, enough to feed about 30 employees where I work. Only snapped a prep photo to show HOW MUCH chow was in this roaster...

This is just after I had assembled all the fixin's int he pan, so it doesn't look too thick, but I mixed in a bit of corn starch and cold water at the end before serving.

Recipe:

8 pounds beef shoulder, fat/gristle trimmed, meat cubed small
3 pounds of potatoes, cubed
4 large onions, chopped
6 carrots, sliced
6 cloves of garlic, minced fine
2 - 16 oz packages of button mushrooms
4 packs McCormick Beef Stew seasoning mix
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons black pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
4 boxes beef stock
2 tablespoons corn starch mixed in about 1 cup COLD water to thicken into gravy

Cooked for about 3-4 hours on 400 (temp may not bee too accurate based on the cooking pan knob) These amounts fed 30 people with 6 packs of rolls, and we had leftovers. Got all this stuff at the Buford Hwy Farmer's Market for right around $80

I hope those folks at your workplace were appreciative. I'd be mentioning to everyone in a general way what scotch or bourbon you liked. You may get your wish.

Back
Top Bottom