• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Single stack grip and low left

So, what is a good way to overcome flinching without spending a ton of money on ammunition at the range?

PS is there anything that can help flinching with a centerfire defensive pistol when the flinch does not show up dry firing with a laser sight attached to the weapon,

And there's no flinching when shooting a 22 pistol?

Dry firing practice should help a lot. But you need to be careful about dry firing a 22 rim fire. Some don't have a stop for the firing pin mechanism and would hit the steel of the gun thus causing damage. Focus on trigger control and grip every time so that you get muscle memory and do the same thing every time. Focus on the sight picture as well. Get to the point when your hammer drops the front sight doesn't move at all. Muscle memory takes some 3000 trigger presses, of course not all at once.

Also try earplugs under ear muffs.
So, what is a good way to overcome flinching without spending a ton of money on ammunition at the range?

PS is there anything that can help flinching with a centerfire defensive pistol when the flinch does not show up dry firing with a laser sight attached to the weapon,

Maybe this sounds stupid but try sticking a golf tee under your hat rim (refer Costner in Tin Cup).

You're not shanking, but you may be overthinking :thumb:.

Flinching is anticipation of the recoil as you pull the trigger. It makes sense that you don’t anticipate with a .22 because there is little to no recoil. You know it won’t hurt you. Try a slow consistent trigger pull while dry firing and let the break surprise you. In theory, you don’t have time to react before the shot goes off because you don’t know it’s about to going off. When you get that down you can go live and realize that the recoil of a larger caliber can’t hurt you. Speed up your trigger pull (not jerking) as you feel more confident. Trigger pulls should always be smooth, even with speed.

Secondly, make sure you have a proper grip. Don’t strangle the grip, but don’t relax and let recoil throw the handgun around like it naturally wants to do. This should help you feel more confident while shooting.

been able to shoot my full size 1911's fairly well over the years got a officers model and everything was low left, instructor called it as such the first mag I shot in front of her.

Decided to shoot today since it was so nice. Now I have a problem with my Glock 48 and shadowSystems 920. 10 yards three inches left.

1911 dead on
365 dead on
cz po1 Cajun up dates dead on love this pistol. Cooler weather will become everyday carry.
Glock 21 dead on

guess how I am going to remedy it. Just drift the damn sights

Back
Top Bottom