• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Since bourbon is getting stupid….

Back in about 1987 we thought we were big shots so we went into the liquor store and bought a bottle of Elijah Craig. We got home and took a big slug of that stuff and spit that crap out all over the floor. We got a little too big for our britches and paid the ultimate price. That bottle set up on the shelf I know for two years.

Back in about 1987 we thought we were big shots so we went into the liquor store and bought a bottle of Elijah Craig. We got home and took a big slug of that stuff and spit that crap out all over the floor. We got a little too big for our britches and paid the ultimate price. That bottle set up on the shelf I know for two years.
Thats hilarious....I collected pretty hot and heavy around 2003-2010 ish...I had a bunch of different stuff that I collected and then was outta the country off an on for a number of years. Took a look at my collection that had been in a couple of foot lockers in the basement and was kinda surprised at what I had....Evidently I did a good job on my collection because I did better with those bottles than I could have ever done with any other investment....lol. I just wish I had not drank so many bottles of Pappy and Eagle Rare 17 and George T Stagg. I would love to have some more of those back right about now.

Elijah Craig is one of my favorite daily can find anytime anywhere bourbons.

Been seeing a lot of allocated stuff being dropped this week. Anyone get anything good lately?? Picked up another 10yr McKenna today since they are hard to find these days.

Picked these up tonight. Four Roses is a gift. The other three are for me. Eagle rare has been hard for me to find in Rome, store tonight had a few bottles. The Benchmark is the cheapest thing Buffalo trace distillery produces, so it has a chance of being good. The pinhook is a collection. They started releasing bottles at 4 years, this is the 5 year. They are releasing a bottle every year up to 12. Thoughts on Benchmark coming later.

Attachments

• 7DF3D72D-CDAC-4CBD-B719-E84E1902E2AF.jpeg
    7DF3D72D-CDAC-4CBD-B719-E84E1902E2AF.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 17
Picked these up tonight. Four Roses is a gift. The other three are for me. Eagle rare has been hard for me to find in Rome, store tonight had a few bottles. The Benchmark is the cheapest thing Buffalo trace distillery produces, so it has a chance of being good. The pinhook is a collection. They started releasing bottles at 4 years, this is the 5 year. They are releasing a bottle every year up to 12. Thoughts on Benchmark coming later.
Benchmark is a damn good for what it is

Back
Top Bottom