• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Simple ,old fashion Brunswick stew recipes :0)

I don’t remember peas in it. Can’t remember about Lima’s, but no matter, cause I love Lima beans! FWIW, the recipe I used in my post (above) is nearly identical to the one touted as an Old Hickory knockoff by hisblessedkid.com, but it had less ketchup. Still outstanding IMHO, although I would use about half the brown sugar called for in the sauce. However, still better than using bottled sauce. DinkyDau DinkyDau , can’t wait for your recipe(s)!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brunswick stew recipe
1 gal stewed tomatoes
1 gal whole corn
1 gal cream corn
2 smoked chickens shredded
2 large Boston butts smoked and threaded not chopped.
My meat I hand pick, I don't like fat or gristle.
I do cheat and use several bottles of Sweet baby rays Q sauce.
On my meat I add a homemade rub and spritz with apple juice every half hour.
1 large bottle of Tappy's hot bull sauce.
One the seasonings after it is all in the pot are hard to measure. I usually cook for 2-3 days to prep...
3 large Vidalia onions diced.
This will start you off with about 5 gallons but it grows. Constant stirring I use a boat paddle, it will stick to the bottom. Cook down for about 4 hrs constantly tasting for seasoning needs..
When I am done I like to have some heat in the bite and then it has a hint of sweet. I know I am forgetting something. And my secret ingredient is ................so it's nice and thick.

Brunswick stew recipe
1 gal stewed tomatoes
1 gal whole corn
1 gal cream corn
2 smoked chickens shredded
2 large Boston butts smoked and threaded not chopped.
My meat I hand pick, I don't like fat or gristle.
I do cheat and use several bottles of Sweet baby rays Q sauce.
On my meat I add a homemade rub and spritz with apple juice every half hour.
1 large bottle of Tappy's hot bull sauce.
One the seasonings after it is all in the pot are hard to measure. I usually cook for 2-3 days to prep...
3 large Vidalia onions diced.
This will start you off with about 5 gallons but it grows. Constant stirring I use a boat paddle, it will stick to the bottom. Cook down for about 4 hrs constantly tasting for seasoning needs..
When I am done I like to have some heat in the bite and then it has a hint of sweet. I know I am forgetting something. And my secret ingredient is ................so it's nice and thick.

Thank you! Definitely will be giving this a try!

Back
Top Bottom