• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Simple ,old fashion Brunswick stew recipes :0)

Never even heard of brunswick stew. We eat chili around my house or beef stew.
Man you have really been missing a treat..That is if it's good Brunswick stew! I placed 8th in the Great Atlanta Chili Cook off, years ago at stone mountain..Back when 96 Rock MC'ed the show..Mine was in the stew category, did not even place in Chili. There were thousands there, good times

Man you have really been missing a treat..That is if it's good Brunswick stew! I placed 8th in the Great Atlanta Chili Cook off, years ago at stone mountain..Back when 96 Rock MC'ed the show..Mine was in the stew category, did not even place in Chili. There were thousands there, good times
Right on, maybe I will get a chance to try it one of these days. Sorry I missed that event sounds like it was a good time.

All this talk caused me to remember the 2 gallons I have stored in the freezer. Got one quart container defrosting now. It's very good with buttered toast or with saltines.

Guaranteed best you can make right here

Amounts all depending on amount of meat and size of Pot

Rotisserie chicken
Boston Butt / or pulled pork
leftovers like roast, bbq, beef, whatever you have in the fridge, that don't swim
chicken & beef broth
Cans yellow & white cream corn till it looks like enough,
onions (2-3)
red, yellow & green peppers 1 each
Garlic diced
rotelle tomatoes, (hot or mild, your choice)
canned chopped tomatoes with garlic & peppers
touch apple apple cider vinegar
touch Worchester
cup ketchup
cup BBQ sauce
tobacco to taste
touch cilantro paste
Bring to boil then let it all simmer 3-4 hours stirring frequently

"Old fashion"? Real Brunswick stew, from the original recipes, has squirrell in it and absolutely no liquid smoke or beans. Supposed to cook it till the paddle stands up in it.

Back
Top Bottom