• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Simple ,old fashion Brunswick stew recipes :0)

Basic Southern Style Brunswick Stew

3 - Whole Chickens
2 - Boston Butts, appx. 5 lbs. each
1 lb. - Ground Chuck
3 Gal. or #10 can - Diced Tomatoes
1-1/2 Gal. - Whole Kernel Corn White & Yellow mixed
1/2 Cup - Apple Cider Vinegar
2-3 - Vidalia Onions (Optional)
Worcestershire Sauce - To Taste
Cayenne Pepper - To Taste
Salt - To Taste
Black Pepper - To Taste

This is a big recipe ,but can be taken down to stewer size real easy .

Y'all post up some of your Brunswick stew recipes :0)

Okay. Do you cook/smoke meat first or just throw all in a big pot and cook slowly?

43000 people and I'm the only one that cooks Brunswick stew ....... Bunch stinkin yanks. Lol
ooh no wifey cooks some bad azz stew...enough for me to have for a week...its a secret recipe and she wont give it up....just have to bring some to a meet and greet! good stuff all organic and nothing from a can!

I agree that good Brunswick stew is hard to find. Here's a recipe a buddy of mine formulated which I have used for the past 20 years. To save time, buy pre-cooked meat from Sam's Club (see mod below).

Tom’s Brunswick Stew

1 Boston butt or 1 beef brisket (smoked)
1 whole chicken
2 to 3 large cans chopped/diced tomatoes
3 or 4 cans of small English peas (prefer LeSeur)
3 or 4 cans cream corn
3 or 4 cans whole kernel corn
3 large yellow onions (diced)
3 to 4 cans of diced potatoes
1 or 2 Qts. of Chicken Broth
Mrs. Griffin’s BBQ sauce or other mustard based sauce
Louisiana hot sauce (prefer Trappey’s Bull Sauce)
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook chicken and beef/pork. I usually smoke the beef/pork, but I boil the chicken. Dice the meat after cooking and add to a large pot with the tomatoes, about 3/4 of the bottle of BBQ sauce, about 1/2 of the bottle of the hot sauce, onions, potatoes, and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer on low for about 1-1/2 hours stirring occasionally. Add the peas and corn and simmer for 1/2-1 hour more. You can add more or less of the vegetables, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, etc. to your liking. Do not drain the veggie cans.

Time Saver Modification:

Sam’s Club- Rotisserie chicken & one KC smoked beef brisket or Smithfield Applewood Smoked Pork Loin Chops (trim fat as needed).
Cut pork or beef into small pieces; shred chicken. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil then simmer on low for 1.5 hours stirring occasionally. The recipe can make several gallons and is good to freeze.

Back
Top Bottom