• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Simple & inexpensive off-grid cabin anyone can build

OSB, are you fooling?

nope, my wife has to purchase them for her work.....it’s crazy time with lumber prices. I’ve been in my house since the end of September, still haven’t received the final bill and I’m getting worried. A customer of mine had an extra 40k added to his house for a couple upgrades and “increased material cost”. I wonder if prices went down, would they credit you?

nope, my wife has to purchase them for her work.....it’s crazy time with lumber prices. I’ve been in my house since the end of September, still haven’t received the final bill and I’m getting worried. A customer of mine had an extra 40k added to his house for a couple upgrades and “increased material cost”. I wonder if prices went down, would they credit you?
Wow, I have not bought anything in a while and don't walk down the lumber isle when I go to Lowes if I don't need anything. Those are crazy prices.

You know they will credit you. ;)

One of my bosses thought it would be a good idea to sell his house in Warner Robins and build another one further south in a rural area near Hawkinsville. He couldn't have picked a worse time. If y'all think guns and ammo prices are insane just go price lumber. His "Lumber Package" was almost $13K higher than expected. 100 sheets of OSB at $38.00 each for example.

I just had 3 proposals submitted for a roofing project for one of my clients and the pricing for roof decking was $48.00-$52.00 each piece:yuck:
Plus shingles are now on back order for 1-3 months......

Cabin reminds me of a 'homeless shelter' I thought I would build and did out of pallets. No body wanted it so I sold it for a chicken house?

Attachments

• HomelssShelter4-6-16 002.jpg
    HomelssShelter4-6-16 002.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 69
  • HomelssShelter4-6-16 004.jpg
    HomelssShelter4-6-16 004.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 69
  • HomelssShelter4-14-16 003.jpg
    HomelssShelter4-14-16 003.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom