• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencers

Okay, I don't understand something, and for the most part I've been a gun and rifle owner for a short period of time.

Likewise, it came as a shock to me, how expensive it is to dabble in gun ownership and the insane gun upgrade costs.

Now, that being said, it puzzles me that a gun or rifle owner has to pay for a stamp at 200.00 on top of the cost of a silencer.

Just to put a reasonable number on it, say 700.00 total.

But what is a silencer, it's nothing more than a muffler except it's for a gun or rifle.

While I can understand a 20.00 fee or perhaps a 50.00 fee, but a 200.00 fee called a stamp.
It can be for no other reason than to track gun owners.

So if you want a silencer for your .22, or AR or AK, etc. shouldn't your stamp which you have filed cover all of them.

No, you have to have a stamp for all of them if I'm not mistaken.

But here's the thing or point I want to make. Doesn't make sense to muffle the sound of a rifle or gun to cut down on noice pollution or better yet ear damage.

Shouldn't we as gun owners put pressure on our elected officials to lessen the cost of this so called "stamp" for the reasons I mentioned above.

Perhaps millions of gun and rifle owners would purchase more silencers if they weren't hit with such a high tax stamp.
We are just as bumfuddled as you are as to why the govt does the things they do. Then we thought in an evil and devious way, like the govt themselves think. Then it all came crystal clear.....they are commies !
Oh, congrats on your new found addiction. Yes it is expensive. Unlike what you hear from the gun grabbers who would have all believe that AR-15s are sold in bubblegum machines where any 6yo with allowance can buy one.

Okay, I don't understand something, and for the most part I've been a gun and rifle owner for a short period of time.

Likewise, it came as a shock to me, how expensive it is to dabble in gun ownership and the insane gun upgrade costs.

Now, that being said, it puzzles me that a gun or rifle owner has to pay for a stamp at 200.00 on top of the cost of a silencer.

Just to put a reasonable number on it, say 700.00 total.

But what is a silencer, it's nothing more than a muffler except it's for a gun or rifle.

While I can understand a 20.00 fee or perhaps a 50.00 fee, but a 200.00 fee called a stamp.
It can be for no other reason than to track gun owners.

So if you want a silencer for your .22, or AR or AK, etc. shouldn't your stamp which you have filed cover all of them.

No, you have to have a stamp for all of them if I'm not mistaken.

But here's the thing or point I want to make. Doesn't make sense to muffle the sound of a rifle or gun to cut down on noice pollution or better yet ear damage.

Shouldn't we as gun owners put pressure on our elected officials to lessen the cost of this so called "stamp" for the reasons I mentioned above.

Perhaps millions of gun and rifle owners would purchase more silencers if they weren't hit with such a high tax stamp.
Have you priced the class 3 toys ?

Back
Top Bottom