• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencerco Hybrid

I have a Hybrid. Kind of an impulse buy that I wish I hadn't made. Was going for a dedicated 308 can and let myself get talked into the "do everything" Hybrid.

I have several cans and prefer caliber specific. This whole one can fits all is a compromise so unless you honestly never see yourself purchasing another can I would advise against it. Adapters are expensive, it's too big, bulky, and heavy for use on smaller calibers. It's a monster on a pistol, would never use it on one myself.

What guns do you plan on using it on? The Sico Hybrid is my first and only can. I've got a few SBRS and an aow waiting to be approved. If you do get a Sico hybrid, plan on getting a 22 rimfire can as well. Thats one thing it does not suppress well. I'm pretty sure you aren't even suppose to shoot 22 through it.

My suggestion would be if its going on two different hosts.. then consider getting a dedicated can for each one.
If you are using this one across a few platforms such as a 30 caliber semi autos + bolt actions then sure, it might be what you need.

On a pistol, the thing is heavy AF. It is also a very LONG can. Go to the store first and check out what suppressors they have.

I didn't do any researching. I literally just walked into Elite and said I wanted this and that and the guy suggested why not get a hybrid. I didn't think much about it but when you put something long like a Hybrid on a 20 inch or even a 16 inch barrel, it becomes a VERY long and heavy gun.

Theres a ton of better cans out there but if this is the one and only can you care to have, than it will be a good one. Just make sure you buy all the adapters and end caps (WHICH ARE NOT CHEAP BTW). If you want to demo one out, I live in the Covington area. Let me know and I will let you try it out at the DNR range with me.

Well, I've gone back to rethinking the hybrid. I was planning on using it on a 300 blackout pistol, 9mm carbine or AR pistol, and on a 308 rifle. However, I now wonder if an Omega 9k wouldn't be a better option for me right now. Its half as long and lighter, and good for 9mm and 300 blackout, both supersonic and subsonic. Decisions, decisions... I'm almost debating about just buying a sparrow for now and keep doing research on the bigger cans or get to one of the suppressor shoots

Well, I've gone back to rethinking the hybrid. I was planning on using it on a 300 blackout pistol, 9mm carbine or AR pistol, and on a 308 rifle. However, I now wonder if an Omega 9k wouldn't be a better option for me right now. Its half as long and lighter, and good for 9mm and 300 blackout, both supersonic and subsonic. Decisions, decisions... I'm almost debating about just buying a sparrow for now and keep doing research on the bigger cans or get to one of the suppressor shoots

go with an omega 9k. awesome can.

buy both :cool:

Well, I'm gonna go ahead and buy the hybrid. It will be a good rifle/ sub gun can. I'm sure I'll try it out on a few pistols and that will motivate me to buy a pistol can. Now the question is do I want to set up a trust first....

Still haven't bought a rifle can, and still debating on whether to get the hybrid, or wait until a wolfman is back in stock. Decisions, decisions...

Still haven't bought a rifle can, and still debating on whether to get the hybrid, or wait until a wolfman is back in stock. Decisions, decisions...

if you haven’t done it by now, you’re not going to do it. Class 3 isn’t for everyone. Some folks just don’t have the.......

PS, Did you get mad at me and order it yet?

Back
Top Bottom