• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencerco Hybrid

KingTuna

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
15   0
Reaction score
Well, after doing some research I'm finally ready to take the jump and apply for my first stamp. I've decided on the Silencerco Hybrid, I was just wondering if anyone with firsthand experience could give me any pros/cons on this can.

Be ready to buy attachments and pistons cause it’s versatile for any application. Shoots well and works with ar pistol and rifle or bolt but with pistol it’s heavy. Pm @DogLegArms let him help u out. Brownells is running a deal.

Good multi purpose option, especially if you want it for rifle too.
Yes, you will need Pistons for pistols. You can also change the endcap for direct thread. I think mine came with both end caps and no Pistons.

My advice to you or anyone buying a suppressor now, buy from a dealer that has it in stock where it doesn’t have to be shipped.
I’ve got a dead air mask that I purchased but the dealer had to order it and it’s sitting in form 3 purgatory due to government shutdown. So basically I’m waiting to begin the tax stamp wait. Now I know how those suckers feel standing in line outside of Walmart for two days prior to a Black Friday sale.

One of the main reasons I chose it was so that it could do double duty until I bought a pistol can. I work near Butler at the power station, so I'll be purchasing it from Barrows. They do layaway for 10% down, so it makes it a little easier on the pocket. I plan on buying some pistons after I get the can paid off, hopefully about 5 or 6 months from now. I was looking hard at the Sparrow for my first can, but I think it will have to wait til next year.

My advice to you or anyone buying a suppressor now, buy from a dealer that has it in stock where it doesn’t have to be shipped.
I’ve got a dead air mask that I purchased but the dealer had to order it and it’s sitting in form 3 purgatory due to government shutdown. So basically I’m waiting to begin the tax stamp wait. Now I know how those suckers feel standing in line outside of Walmart for two days prior to a Black Friday sale.
Even if it was where it’s suppose to be you would still be sitting . Drop shipping does not add but maybe 24 - 48 hours to your wait typically

Great can. Good choice. It's versatility is the top pro. Only cons is it is not as quiet as some of the dedicated caliber cans and is a little large, but wouldn't trade mine.

Yeah, I’m definitely excited to get the ball rolling. I’m hoping it will go pretty quick and I can use it for hunting come October.

October 2020?

I sure do hope the ATF hires more examiners when the shutdown ends, because the wait times have been increasing steadily before the shutdown, and their going to have a mountain of Forms when they return.

Back
Top Bottom