• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencer/suppressor rules

I had no idea so many potential problems came with owning a silencer. I am guessing a person that owns one can not sell it on ODT with no paperwork involved ?
I mean you can list it, but I'd assume you'd get about 1/2 your responses from idiots and the other half would be alphabet boys.

stamps are dumb. the process isn't that hard, but it's annoying. Form 1 lets you e-file and build your own. Can't build till it's approved, cant sell once it is (without more stamps). Form 4 is how you get one at a store. Fill out paper, prints, etc, mail it off. wait about a year. get approved, get can. use can. don't travel with can outside where it's legal, don't let friends borrow for range trips (without you).

it's so dumb since you can DIY a can that works, at least for a while, for under $1 worth of soda bottle and duct tape. Or $20 with hardware/auto shop parts. Or DIY with $1k worth of titanium and a mill/lathe. All to make a gun shot slightly less loud. **** is sold OTC in europe and REQUIRED to be used in some other countries. OSHA should sue to make them a safety item.

Just to be clear Regarding traveling with a can: I don’t need to fill out any forms or call anyone if traveling to & thru Can friendly states?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
As long as you don't plan to stay and have a friendly destination, you can drive through unfriendly states. FOPA legally protects you. You may beat the rap, but may still get a ride.

Personally, if I wanted to use my cans in Maine, I'd mail it to myself, as they are contraband in NY, NJ, and Mass. Again, federal law says you can legally travel through all jurisdictions, but it ain't worth it.

As long as you don't plan to stay and have a friendly destination, you can drive through unfriendly states. FOPA legally protects you. You may beat the rap, but may still get a ride.

Personally, if I wanted to use my cans in Maine, I'd mail it to myself, as they are contraband in NY, NJ, and Mass. Again, federal law says you can legally travel through all jurisdictions, but it ain't worth it.

I try to avoid the Infringement States as much as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom