• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Silencer/suppressor rules

jeepnuts

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Rockcrawlin’ Toyota Dude
141   0
Reaction score
Good morning ODT gurus

New to this quiet game stuff And I am wondering what are some rules or code of conduct that you should follow when toting a suppressor.

I assume you make a copy of your paperwork/stamp to keep with you and keep the originals safe somewhere?

Can you travel out of state with it? (heard you can’t with SBR?)

Mostly wondering if I can bring it with me for camping trips and vacations out in the woods and what the best practices are.

thanks!

This form is used to obtain permission to temporarily or permanently move your registered National Firearms Act (NFA) machine gun, short barreled rifle or shotgun, or destructive device interstate. Persons other than qualified federal firearms licensees (FFLs) or government agencies are required to obtain this permission.
Is a silencer considered a firearm? I downloaded the form and it asks what type of firearm

Just take a picture of the paperwork on your phone and therefore you always have it regardless of Internet access and it’s not stored in Google data base I don’t believe you need to fill out a form to travel Across state lines but I do it anyways because I like my butt hole

Back
Top Bottom