Status
Not open for further replies.

tractiongrips

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
246   0
Reaction score
These spacers are designed to allow rimfire suppressors to be used with AR-15 rifles when using a rimfire conversion unit. They also work with many rimfire rifles that use a thread that's too long for most suppressors, such as the Ruger 10/22 and M&P-22 rifle. Without the spacer, the barrel may either bottom out on the first baffle, of just put the crown of the barrel too close to the first baffle, causing more wear on the suppressor, and poor performance due to the lost volume available inside the suppressor. The spacers will also prevent fouling from building up on the threads on the end of the barrel, whic can make it difficult to remove the suppressor, or in some cases actually cause damage to the threads on steel barrels. Most suppressors have stinless threads, so even if you end up with a thread or two collecting fouling, it's not where it will effect installation or removal of the suppressor, and because they are stainless, the threads can be cleaned off with no corrosion being present.

I had some spacers listed awhile back but didn't have the time to keep up with the demand. I just didn't have the shop time to put into side projects. I had so many people requesting them that I decided to contract out and have a local CNC shop produce them to my specs. The new spacers are modified a bit, and made so they fit more firearms. They are now knurled to allow for easier removal, and now have a relief cut in one side to allow for barrels that aren't threaded all the way to the shoulder, such as the CMMG rimfire uppers. These are American designed, and American Made, right here in Georgia!

The spacers are available blued, or with no finish. I may end up finishing some in Molyresin, but right now I don't have a lot of time for for things like that.

The cost is $10 if picked up in person, or $11.99 shipped (here a link to the page to buy them if you want them shipped) http://www.tractiongrips.com/catalog/i12.html

spacer.jpg
BluedSpacer.jpg

I still have a bunch the spacers available, and have another batch coming in to fill some dealer orders. If picked up in person they are ten bucks each, either blued or with no finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom